Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Ride

Well, I agreed to costume another show, friends, and for those of you that were with me on the last ride, no, I don't know what I was thinking.  Not really.  That's a lie.  I was thinking-"This show is set in 1946, not 14th century Italy.  I shouldn't have to make anything, just find everything."  I was mostly right.  Some elf creation might have to happen, but everything else just needs to be found.

I have had a lot of luck so far at the costume storage, in that the main little girl is completely costumed, all the ladies have coats, and I do have several suits.  The problem with the suits is that will the bodies I have fit in the suits I have?  And I need specialty things-like a majorette outfit. And a doctor's white coat.  The person wearing the doc smock(as I call it) is gloriously tall, so finding one that has long enough sleeves is an issue. I also need at least 4, maybe 5 elf costumes.  I have found the hats and shoes that they used last time but can't locate the rest of the costumes.

Fortunately for me, the actor playing SC might just be the real guy.  He has his own period appropriate suit. I love this.

Every time I go looking I find more things that will work.  This is a beautiful thing.  It means that I should be able to have a list of what I need to find somewhere else by the beginning of next week.

I am glad that our fall break is coinciding with this part of my creation process.  We have one more week of break and then back to school.  School is going well, with both boys learning and growing.

2 comments: