Saturday, August 20, 2011

The French

I was on CrackBook the other day and an old college chum of mine had posted something about water restrictions and how the dirt around their house was separated 2 inches from the foundation.  Then, one of their friends posted that their water bill was 300 (THREE HUNDRED!!) dollars higher than normal, but they have 1/2 an acre of grass to keep green and that it was cheaper to keep it green than to resod the whole yard.

This frustrates me to no end.  We are in 'Extreme Drought Conditions' you daffy cow!  What right do you have to keep 1/2 acre of GRASS green so that you can have a pretty yard?  This whole idea of having a yard solely dedicated to grass is silly to me anyway.  I've kept my trees alive and watered the foundation with a soaker hose, but my 'grass' is a lovely shade of yellow.

The french aristocracy are the ones that originated this whole idea of having acres of nothing but grass to prove that they were too rich to soil their hands with any kind of farming.  You see how well that worked out for them.

2 comments:

  1. So then are you saying that everyone with green grass deserves to have their head in a basket?

    ReplyDelete